Chill Challenge Fundraising Help
Thank you for participating in this year's Ithaca Chill Challenge! It's gonna be a blast… and it'll be here before we know it!
A few people have asked for help with fundraising and we've put together a few suggestions.
- Add your picture and/or your name so people can find you on the website. GO TO YOUR PROFILE
- Add a personal statement to your profile to help people understand why you’re involved in the event. It can be serious or silly…it’s personal 🙂
- Post on facebook or email your family and friends to ask for donations. If you don’t know where to start with writing an email…feel free to start with the examples below. Edit and tweak at will. The first email is the hardest one to send. Also, attached is a form for mail-in donations.
If you need help with logging in, updating your information, or if you have any suggestions you’d like to share, please SEND US AN EMAIL.
Dear Family & Friends,
I am reaching out to you for one of three reasons. Either…
- I’m sure you would like to see me go jump in Cayuga Lake on New Year’s Day, or…
- I’m sure you want to spare me from having to do that, or…
- I know that you understand how important the recovery community is here in Ithaca and I hope that you might want to support that community with me.
I am excited to tell you that I am registered as a participant in The Ithaca Chill Challenge. The Challenge is similar to a “Polar Bear Plunge,” but with a twist: for each participant, donors can “vote” with their $$ to either “Dip ’em” and they’ll have to run into the lake, or let ’em “Dodge” and they’ll get to stay dry and watch from the shore! On New Year’s Day, the higher total for each participant prevails.
I would really appreciate a donation from you. If you are willing, find me under “Donate to a Participant” on the website at www.ithacachillchallenge.org. You will find options to donate on-line or print out a form to mail in (also attached).
Ithaca Community Recovery (ICR) is a local nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation dedicated to supporting the recovery community in the Ithaca area by providing safe and convenient meeting space at 518 West Seneca Street for 12-step and other recovery-oriented groups. Regardless of who winds up in the lake and who watches from the shore, all money raised goes directly to maintaining and improving 518 as a place where anyone dealing with addiction of any type can come for support and fellowship.
Thank you for your consideration and support, and please share the information with others who might be interested.
Dear Family & Friends,
I’m involved in an organization called Ithaca Community Recovery (ICR). It’s a small nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting the local recovery community. ICR provides a place to come for the support, fellowship, and sense of community that is crucial to anyone dealing with addiction of any type. It’s a topic near and dear to my heart.
We are having a fundraiser called the Ithaca Chill Challenge – Dip or Dodge Event! The Challenge is similar to a “Polar Bear Plunge,” but with a twist. The twist – each participant has their own page for donations, and their donors can “vote” with their $$$ to either…“Dip ’em” and they’ll have to run into the lake for a dip OR let ’em “Dodge” and they’ll get to stay dry and watch from the shore! On New Year’s Day, the higher total for each participant prevails. Participants commit to doing whatever their friends, loved ones, co-workers, frenemies, siblings, and assorted other donors decide.
All the money raised will be used to maintain and improve ICR located at 518 West Seneca Street.
I would really appreciate a donation, but no pressure… If you are willing, click http://ithacachillchallenge.org, click “donate to a participant” and search for me …and please be kind and “vote” for DODGE to keep me out of the cold water!
Thank you for your consideration and support!